Addiction treatment cannot be one-size-fits-all. Some of those who struggle with substance use disorders also face challenges with their mental health. Mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, or PTSD can make it even more difficult to overcome addiction. At Awakenings Recovery Center, we offer a wide range of addiction therapy programs as part of our comprehensive treatment plans. In these programs, our clients learn more about the underlying causes of substance abuse, work through past trauma, and develop healthy coping skills for lifelong recovery.
Learn more about our therapy programs, facility, and admissions process by reaching out to Awakenings Recovery Center at 833.297.4343 today.
Our Addiction Therapy Programs
Every individual who enters our care will receive an individualized treatment plan, based on our holistic, multidisciplinary approach towards treatment. Our treatment plan is made up of effective, evidence-based therapeutic modalities administered to each individual based on their needs and strengths as they build towards long-term recovery.
Much of the treatment involves group therapy, and throughout recovery you will be surrounded by individuals with similar problems, facing the same challenges, and seeking the same opportunities for change. It is during recovery where you will be provided with not only the tools and skills to overcome your addiction but the knowledge and experience of how and when to use these tools on your way to long-term recovery.
What to Expect in Addiction Therapy
In addition to group therapy, we offer the following in our treatment center:
- Expressive therapy – An outlet for clients to explore their emotions through art
- Trauma-focused therapy – Past trauma, whether sexual, emotional, or physical, can contribute to substance abuse, and this type of therapy helps our clients work through their experiences
- Motivational interviewing – We help clients set goals in structured sessions
- Dual diagnosis treatment – For those with mental health issues and substance abuse issues, this type of treatment addresses both simultaneously
- Family therapy – We help our clients and their families communicate more effectively and rebuild trust
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – An evidence-based therapy that helps clients overcome negative thoughts
- Acceptance and commitment therapy – This therapeutic approach helps clients develop mindfulness
- Relapse prevention therapy – We help our clients identify triggers for relapse and develop healthy coping skills to avoid using again in the future
- 12-step approach – This time-tested approach to addiction treatment encourages clients to accept that addiction is a chronic disease
We personalize our treatment plans for every client’s unique needs. When you arrive at Awakenings, you’ll go through an assessment that will help our team understand which therapies will work best for you.
The Benefits of Therapy in Addiction Treatment
Addiction is not only a physical problem. Over time, substance abuse causes changes in the brain that make it difficult to stop using. In addition, many of those who struggle with addiction have experienced trauma or face mental health issues that can exacerbate substance abuse.
Therapy, both group and individual, can help those in recovery understand what might have contributed to addiction in the past. They’ll learn how to avoid potential triggers, work through negative emotions, and find support for lasting recovery.
Reach Out to Awakenings Recovery Center Today
If you’re ready to reclaim your life and make a lasting change, reach out to Awakenings Recovery Center. We offer treatment programs for substance abuse in Hagerstown, MD that can help you work through the underlying causes of addiction and begin again. These include:
- Alcohol addiction treatment
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Opioid addiction treatment
- Opiate addiction treatment
- Prescription drug addiction treatment
- Process addiction treatment
- Vivitrol treatment program
- Suboxone treatment program
Contact us at 833.297.4343 or reach out online to learn more about our facility. We’re ready to help you take back your life.