For those in recovery, ongoing sobriety requires ongoing support. At Awakenings Recovery Center, our goal is to give every client in our care the tools and strategies they need to deal with stress and triggers in a healthy way. Our aftercare program offers relapse prevention strategies, continuing therapy and support, and help from your therapy team that promotes long-term sobriety.
We try to maximize the amount of time our clients spend in a safe, secure, recovery-focused community. Whether our clients live in our center or in a sober living environment, our aftercare program helps them plan for the future.
What Is an Aftercare Program?
Aftercare planning is designed to provide you with the insight and tools to prevent and deal with life’s issues in a healthy, positive way.
During your time at Awakenings Recovery Center in one of our treatment programs, you’ll be in a supportive environment away from the stresses of everyday life. Aftercare offers relapse prevention techniques that can help you prepare to return to a less structured environment. In our center, you will develop healthy routines and coping skills for lifelong recovery. And in our aftercare program, you will receive ongoing support. In our rehab aftercare, you can expect the following:
- Ongoing therapy that will help you process any difficulties you face in the early days of recovery
- Access to therapists, case managers, and a medical team
- Support from our alumni network
- Informational resources for your recovery, including educational materials
- Invitations to social events organized by Awakenings Recovery Center or by members of the alumni program
- The opportunity to support your peers when they need it
Although everyday life may bring with it stress and other triggers, our team will help you build the ability to deal with them and find peace and fulfillment while living clean and sober. We will help you plan for the next steps with input from your entire addiction therapy team. Our medical team, case managers, and therapists will be there to advise you through the next steps.
The Benefits of Relapse Prevention
How does our aftercare program work? A program that focuses on preventing relapse rather than just helping patients get sober will lead to better long-term results.
While many individuals in recovery have support at home from family and friends, these loved ones might not have experienced addiction firsthand. Since they do not know the difficulties of working towards recovery, they may not understand what you are going through. However, your peers in recovery, who have walked a similar path as you, will be able to identify with the difficulties you will have.
In addition, identifying potential triggers for relapse and developing strategies to avoid using drugs or drinking again can help you maintain your sobriety even when life is difficult. We offer ongoing support and help our clients consider every aspect of their life after treatment to help them make meaningful changes to their lives.
Contact Awakenings Recovery for Sober Living Support
In addition to our aftercare program, we offer a number of addiction treatment programs at Awakenings Recovery Center:
- Residential treatment – Inpatient care can give you a strong foundation for recovery
- Case management – We help our clients with any roadblocks that are interfering with their recovery
- Men’s and women’s rehab programs – A single-gender treatment program can help clients feel more comfortable opening up in groups
- Alumni program – Those who have gone through our treatment programs can connect with other recovery-focused peers
To learn more, reach out to our team today at 833.297.4343. We’ll help you access the care you need.