Heroin is a highly addictive and dangerous substance. Using heroin even just once can lead to addiction. Many of those who struggle with heroin addiction never reach out for treatment, but a professional treatment program could be their best chance at long-term recovery.
At Awakenings Recovery Center, we offer a heroin addiction treatment program designed to target the things that make heroin addiction so difficult to overcome. Through evidence-based therapies, comprehensive support, and a safe environment, our clients begin to heal and to rebuild their lives.
You can reach out to our treatment center by calling 833.297.4343 or contacting us online today
Do You Need Treatment for Heroin Addiction?
Heroin is an opioid, which is a substance that causes your brain to release dopamine, which is a chemical that can cause you to feel euphoria. Some individuals begin using heroin after receiving a prescription for an opioid as a pain reliever. While these medications are effective at treating pain, they can also quickly cause dependency. You might feel like you needed more and more of the substance in order to relieve pain or to function throughout the day. Once prescriptions for opioid pain relievers run out, some individuals turn to heroin as an alternative.
We recommend that individuals who have used heroin even just a few times reach out for treatment. Withdrawal from heroin use can be difficult, and residential treatment can help you during the challenging early days of recovery.
Some of the long-term effects of heroin use that can make it especially dangerous include:
- Mental health issues like anxiety and depression
- Impaired decision-making abilities
- Heart disease and heart damage
- Problems with the circulatory system and collapsed veins
- Risk of HIV or hepatitis C
- Memory loss
In treatment, you’ll learn about the underlying causes of substance abuse. Whether you struggle with mental health issues or have chronic pain, our team will help you understand how to manage triggers for heroin use. In addition, every one of our clients receives a case manager who can assist with life skills, employment, financial or legal issues, and reconnecting with family members.
Compassionate Care at Awakenings Recovery Center
At Awakenings Recovery Center, we understand that every client is unique and has different needs for treatment. For this reason, we use a variety of different addiction treatment therapies in our personalized treatment plans. Some of these therapies include:
- Expressive therapy – Find new ways to express your emotions through artistic outlets
- Group therapy – Learn from the experiences of others and find support for your journey to recovery
- Trauma-focused therapy – Work through past trauma in a safe space with an experienced therapist
- Motivational interviewing – Discover the inner motivation you need to maintain sobriety and overcome challenges
- Dual diagnosis treatment – Targeted treatment for those who struggle with mental health issues alongside substance use disorders
- Family therapy – Our therapists can help you and your family rebuild trust and learn how to communicate more effectively
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – Reframe your thoughts and change your behaviors through this evidence-based therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy – Practice mindfulness and learn how to make decisions that will lead to a happier, healthier life
- Relapse prevention therapy – Identify potential triggers for relapse and develop strategies to stay sober
- 12-step approach – The 12 steps are a time-tested way to stay committed to your recovery
It’s possible to take back your life from heroin addiction. Let Awakenings Recovery Center help.
Reach Out to Us Today for Heroin Addiction Treatment
Contact our team today to learn more about our admissions process and to verify your insurance. We meet each of our clients where they are to help them begin to heal. If you are ready to look forward to a healthier, happier future, contact Awakenings Recovery Center at 833.297.4343 or reach out online today.